How to Make Moving Day Go Smoothly
You’re ready to move out of your current home and into your new one. Want to make sure your move runs like clockwork? Follow these simple tips:
- Don’t wait till the last minute—Whether you’re arranging for movers, renting a truck or packing your items, don’t procrastinate. Moving is stressful enough, and putting these important tasks off only adds to the stress. Book your movers or schedule your truck rental at least a month in advance. And don’t forget to notify the Postal Service, utilities and other important services of your change of address.
- The more help, the merrier—It’s a lot of work to pack and move, and friends and family can lighten the load. If you’re moving yourself and don’t have enough help at hand, consider hiring labor to help with the loading and unloading of your truck.
- Purge while you pack—It doesn’t make sense to pack, move and then unpack items you really don’t need. Moving is the perfect occasion to get rid of some clutter before taking it to your new home. Set aside items you won’t use again for a yard sale or donate them to a local charity.
- One room at a time—Unpacking is a lot easier if you have boxes organized by room. Completely pack each room at a time, and be sure to label boxes with the contents and room destination.
- Load with care—It may seem obvious, but when you’re loading the truck, be sure to put the heavier items on the bottom to keep them from falling on lighter items and damaging them. Make sure heavy items are tied or anchored so they don’t move in transit.
Planning ahead can make your move go smoothly. Having the right help can make the mortgage process go smoothly. The mortgage professionals at American Portfolio Mortgage are ready to provide the expertise and resources you need to make your mortgage stress-free and successful.
Let’s get started. Click here to find a loan officer.